Laden with dried cranberries and drizzled with a sweet cinnamon glaze, these go beyond the typical oatmeal cookie. Sprinkled with dried cranberries and a drizzle of sweet, cinnamon-spiced glaze take oatmeal cookies from ordinary to perfection!!
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min./batchYIELD: 3 dozen.
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1⁄2 tsp. baking soda
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 tsp. lemon zest
- 1 1⁄2 cups rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tbsp. milk
Heat oven to 350°. Whisk flour, 1 tsp. cinnamon, baking soda, and salt in a bowl; set aside. Combine sugar and butter in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment; beat until creamy. Add the egg, 1 tsp. vanilla, and lemon zest, and beat until smooth. With the motor running, slowly add the flour mixture and mix until a soft, sticky dough forms. Fold in oats and cranberries.
- Working in batches and using wet hands, roll about 1 heaping tablespoon of dough into a ball. Transfer to an ungreased baking sheet. Using your hand or the back of a spoon, gently flatten cookies. Bake until edges are golden-brown, about 15 minutes. Let cool slightly before transferring to a wire rack; cool completely.
- Combine confectioners’ sugar and remaining cinnamon in a bowl. Whisk in milk and remaining vanilla until smooth. Drizzle glaze on top of cookies; return to rack until glaze is set.